If you wish to apply for a professional ID or process any STCW document which requires you a Seafarer’s Registration Number (SRN), don’t worry for getting one is easy, once in a lifetime, and actually free!
I applied for a MARINA ID last October 13. One of the requirements was the SRN. I tried to register my new seaman’s book (SIRB) but their system says, “SIRB not found” though.
Encountering this kind of error, I went to MARINA’S Information and Communication Technology Management Division (ICTMD) to seek help.
One personnel on duty told me that in order for my new SIRB to be recognized by their system, it has to be manually registered first by their office.
Once your SIRB is registered, you can now create your SRN. On the other side of the room are actualy computer units you can use for free just patiently fall in line and wait for your turn.
On the other hand, if your phone or tablet has internet, you may use it to register for SRN so you don’t have to wait any longer.
Here’s how to register for SRN
1.Go to marina.gov.ph/scsv2.0/
2.Click the “Seafarers” tab.
3. Input correctly your seaman’s book (SIRB) number and Birth date. Next, click “Check Data”.
*If you encountered any error like what I had, report personally to MARINA ICTMD or call the MARINA hotline at (02) 526-5259.
*Proceed to next step if your SIRB # and date of birth were accepted.
4. Open a new internet browser tab or mobile app. Log-in to your Gmail or Yahoo e-mail account. Once you have access of your inbox, return to MARINA website and complete the online application form.
5. In the form, you’ll be asked to provide an e-mail address. You may use what you have just opened. While for the password, create a unique, and an easy to remember one. Once you completely filled-up the form, click “Submit”.
6. Finally, you have just created your own SRN! Note, screenshot or take a photo of it!
7. Check your working email’s inbox. You should receive an email confirmation from SCSv2.0. Click “Activate Account” to verify and activate your account.
8. Try to log-in in your newly created MARINA SCSv2.0 online account using the email address and password you provided. But if you’re in hurry, you may skip this step and proceed to your mission.
If you can’t perform these simple steps alone, you may want to avail the special services offered by various companies stationed at the Ground Floor of MARINA Kalaw building. They can help you create your SRN but of course. you have to pay them. The last time I asked of their service’s charge, it’s Php 100.00!
Related Reading: How to create/update using your smartphone.
Let’s stay connected. Follow @seaambassadorph for more tips!