Post updated: October 14, 2017.
A Seafarers Registration Number (SRN) is a system generated code which you may present to the manning agency when you apply for a seafarer job. Additionally, it will be used by the licensed recruitment agency to process an employment contract submitted via the e-Submission System.
SRN is an upgrade of Seafarers Registration Certificate (SRC). As per GBR 13, series of 2016, the Philippines Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) has stopped issuing SRC ID but required seafarers of all ranks, for marine and non-marine categories and even those working ashore to go online and register on Seafarer Online Registration System.
You are qualified to register if you are at least 18 years old (except cadet), no medical or legal impediments and has valid SIRB (seaman’s book) issued by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA).
Creating your first Account is easy!
Let me show you how.
2. Create a Log-in Account by filling-up the online form. Write your SIRB (seaman’s book) number, complete name, birthday, etc. and like what you did to secure your Facebook or Twitter, provide a working password accordingly. Once completed and reviewed for accuracy, click ‘Submit’ button.
3. Voila! Your Seafarer’s Registration Number (SRN) will be generated afterwards.
4. Now that you have your own User Name and Password, you may log-in again to view and/or update your online profile and account settings.
* In case of technicalities or you forgot your password, you may contact POEA-ICT Branch at 727-7778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Don’t forget to secure a hardcopy of your SRN. Print it and file together with your other important documents.
* Ensure that you provide true and correct information to the best of your knowledge. A corresponding disciplinary action /case may be filed against a seafarer who submitted a fake/tempered document/s or information.
What can you say about the new SRN online registration?
Share your thoughts by writing a comment below!