Post updated: January 11, 2017.
Getting a Seafarer’s Registration Card (SRC) is not anymore required but a new policy mandates Filipino seafarers to register an account online in POEA.
Successfully doing so, one gets a Seafarer’s Registration Number (SRN) in lieau of SRC.
What is the use of SRN?
A Seafarers Registration Number (SRN) is a system generated code for each registered seafarer.
If you apply for a job, your agency might process your employment contract via POEA’s e-Submission System. This important step requires your SRN.
Is SRN free-of-charge?
The SRN is an upgrade of Seafarers Registration Certificate (SRC). As per GBR 13, series of 2016, seafarers of all ranks ( marine and non-marine ) and those working ashore are mandated to register in POEA’s Seafarer Online Registration System.
The online registration and issuance of SRN are all free.
How to register?
If you are at least 18 years old (except cadet), no medical or legal impediments, and have a valid SIRB (seaman’s book), you can now register online, and get your SRN.
Here’s our very very short guide. 🙂
2. Create a Log-in Account. In the form, input your SIRB (seaman’s book) number, correct and complete full name, birthday, and all other required personal information.
On this step, you have to create a password for your account too. We suggest that you use a strong and an easy-to-remember password.
Once you completed answering the form, kindly review everything you have written on it – all has to be accurate.
Upon checking for accuracy, click the ‘Submit’ button.
3. Finally, the system generates your own Seafarer’s Registration Number.
Now that you’re registered, you may view and/or update your online profile and account settings. Use your username and password to log-in in your own account.
- In case of technicalities or you forgot your password, you may contact or visit POEA-ICT Branch.
- Ensure that you provide true and correct information to the best of your knowledge. A corresponding disciplinary action /case may be filed against a seafarer who submitted a fake/tempered document/s or information.
* Don’t forget to secure a hardcopy of your SRN. Print and file it together with your other important work documents. You don’t have to affix your photo or signature on it, too!
For more tips, follow this blog.
What can you say about the new SRN online registration?
Share your thoughts. Write a comment below.